School photograph, Smiths Falls Collegiate Institute, 1934
- E.J. Powell, Hamilton, Photographer
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- Panoramic photographs
- This photograph is from the Local History collection of the Smiths Falls Public Library.
- See the Pages box at top of this page and click the downward pointing select arrow to access the three original scans that were used to stitch this photo into one image.
A listing of the students' names is also attached and accessed by the Pages box. This listing of names comes from a 30 May 1984 Record News newspaper clipping - Remember when? - (Smiths Falls history binder #2, p.61). The newspaper clipping was scanned in two parts as it was too large for the library's scanner.
To increase the size of the original scans click on the image and then click the red arrow "PDF version of the page" at the top right and then use - + "Automatic Zoom" drop down - some clarity might be lost in zooming.
- Written in white pen on the front of the photo - lower left front: Smiths Falls Collegiate Institute 1934 [added in black pen at a later point] / lower centre front: G.A. Oatway, B.A. Principal / lower right front: E.J. Powell, Hamilton, Ont.
The photo is glued down onto a piece of masonite-like board. Written on the back of the board: New Orleans $23.29
Some staining and damage in areas of the photo.
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.90011 Longitude: -76.01607
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Smiths Falls Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:81 Beckwith Street North
Smiths Falls, ON K7A 2B9
Phone number: 613-283-2911