Studio photograph of George Little by J.J. Kerfoot, Smiths Falls, prior to 1907
- J.J. Kerfoot, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Portrait photographs
- From the collection of P. Irwin.
This collection is comprised of photos taken by George Albert Little (1882-1956) and several other photos of family members which were taken by Smiths Falls studio photographers J.J. Kerfoot and Hugh A. Ross.
Irwin's maternal grandfather was George Albert Little. Little owned a Ray No.1 camera that was outfitted with a Bausch and Lomb lens. Irwin believes that the camera was used between 1902-1907 in Smiths Falls. The prints were created from 4" x 5" glass plate negatives. Little lived at 60 William Street E. but later moved to Gananoque where he worked as a manager at Dominion Steel. He also worked as draftsman engineer at age 29. In September 1909, Little married May Lottie Lee (1884-1969), originally from Smiths Falls, in Gananoque.
- Handwritten, on back: George Little before 1907 how long I can't say [written in pencil and pen].
Embossed on the bottom right of the mount: "J.J. Kerfoot, Smiths Falls"
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.90011 Longitude: -76.01607
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Smiths Falls Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:81 Beckwith Street North
Smiths Falls, ON K7A 2B9
Phone number: 613-283-2911